|the Inn at Maple Lawn
The house was built around 1875 by Dr. James Nelson Miller. Dr. Miller was a prominent member of the
community credited with starting the first telephone line in Sussex County from this house and was
instrumental in building the Dingman's Ferry Bridge. (more)
Dr. Hughes and Doctor Jones also lived and operated their practices in this house
During recent renovations Tom found a label
signed by Dr. Miller under the siding.
Dr. Hughes held an annual musical event at the
house. This is one of the souvenirs given to an
attendee in 1902.
Postcard of the house from 1902
Postcard of the house from 1907